Welcome to Impressive Elements

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Punishment System of Impresive Elements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gem
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Punishment System that all Mods-Admins must follow

If under 13=Perm ban until they are 13 or older.

Hacking(item farming, file altering, etc)
Permanently Banned

Spam
1st time= Kick as warning
2nd time=Ban for a day
3rd time= ban for 2 days

Item Theft
1st time= warning and removal of all items in your stash
2nd time= Ban for 3 days and removal of all items in your stash and suspension of any pets you have.
3rd time=Removal of all items,pets and skills and a 7 day ban

Prey Theft(Running in and killing after health of prey is below 100)
1st time=Kick
2ndtime= kick and day ban
3rd=day ban

Harrasing a member
1st time= warning kick
2nd time=2 day ban(If the harrasment is extereme proceed to ban as long as you think they deserve)
3rd time= ban for a month

Item/Prey spawn harrasing
1st time=kick
2nd time= 1 day ban
3rd time= 2 day ban

Disobeying/disrespecting a Staff
1st time= 1 day ban
2nd time= 2 day ban
3rd time= Week ban

Ingame without a forum account will result in the account being disabled until a forum account is made.

Having Staff items
*If someone offers you a shard and they are not staff do not accept it, you could be accused of hacking to get it, we have a list of who is allowed to have shards. If you do get caught with one you may be banned for 1-5 days.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CWalk43

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Agreed 100% with everything here.

A few concerns/clarifications, though:

In regards to the Item Theft system of punishment...I think it's a bit much. Item Theft should follow the same punishment system as, say, Prey Theft. Why are the punishments for items so extreme? Even if one user were stolen from, there are many, many ways in which to get the item back (re-gaining it back the same way that they had originally gotten it, whether that be through hunting, trading, going to events/contests, etc., or better yet, get your Fraps recordings/screenshots handy to present to the Admins so that they can simply re-spawn you the stolen items ((and perhaps even catch the stealer in the process))).
Moving onto specifics: For the first offense, I agree that a simple warning will suffice. The removal of all of the items from the stealer's Stash on the first offense, though...that is a bit extreme. There may be some items in there that the offending user did not acquire through stealing (and even if they were all acquired this way, there is no way to tell this for sure). Unless by "items" the rule is referring exclusively to the stolen items rather than all of their items.
The second offense may be a little extreme as well. I'd set the limit down to a day ban (maybe even just a 12-hour ban) at the most. I disagree about bringing the stealer's pets into the issue as well, seeing as pets are not related to items. The same goes for Skills as well, they are not playing any part in regards to items and the theft of them. The week ban is...you guessed it, extreme. I suggest a two day ban at the most.
Overall, I think that Item Theft should follow the Prey Theft system of punishment. Item Theft is not that big an issue when compared with other problems the server can face.

In regards to possessing Staff Items:
It should be reminded that while each member of the game is required to sign up with the forums in order to then download the game, the majority of gamers are not going to be looking through the rules and guidelines that can be found on the forum before rushing in-game, perhaps not ever logging into the forums again afterwards. Consequently, these users are not going to know which items are considered off-limits and which are not (yes, they should be responsible and check the rules before heading onto the game, but the reality is, as stated above, people are going to be eager to play and pay no heed to the offered guidelines).
This rule can be rendered a bit unfair considering this situation. As the game is now, it is difficult to tell which users in-game are Staff or not, especially for brand-new players (setting aside the (ADMIN) tag that appears before staff members names whenever they enter the map ((and only when they enter the map, creating potential for this to be missed))). If these players are offered a Shard by another user that they do not know is Private, they are not going to know any better. I am sure you question users of whether or not they hacked before accusing them of doing so, but I'm just throwing this out there.

These are my only concerns/modifications that came to my mind. May edit with further thoughts in future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/CWalk43
Nowe
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 pm

CWalk43 wrote:
Agreed 100% with everything here.

A few concerns/clarifications, though:

In regards to the Item Theft system of punishment...I think it's a bit much. Item Theft should follow the same punishment system as, say, Prey Theft. Why are the punishments for items so extreme? Even if one user were stolen from, there are many, many ways in which to get the item back (re-gaining it back the same way that they had originally gotten it, whether that be through hunting, trading, going to events/contests, etc., or better yet, get your Fraps recordings/screenshots handy to present to the Admins so that they can simply re-spawn you the stolen items ((and perhaps even catch the stealer in the process))).
Moving onto specifics: For the first offense, I agree that a simple warning will suffice. The removal of all of the items from the stealer's Stash on the first offense, though...that is a bit extreme. There may be some items in there that the offending user did not acquire through stealing (and even if they were all acquired this way, there is no way to tell this for sure). Unless by "items" the rule is referring exclusively to the stolen items rather than all of their items.
The second offense may be a little extreme as well. I'd set the limit down to a day ban (maybe even just a 12-hour ban) at the most. I disagree about bringing the stealer's pets into the issue as well, seeing as pets are not related to items. The same goes for Skills as well, they are not playing any part in regards to items and the theft of them. The week ban is...you guessed it, extreme. I suggest a two day ban at the most.
Overall, I think that Item Theft should follow the Prey Theft system of punishment. Item Theft is not that big an issue when compared with other problems the server can face.

In regards to possessing Staff Items:
It should be reminded that while each member of the game is required to sign up with the forums in order to then download the game, the majority of gamers are not going to be looking through the rules and guidelines that can be found on the forum before rushing in-game, perhaps not ever logging into the forums again afterwards. Consequently, these users are not going to know which items are considered off-limits and which are not (yes, they should be responsible and check the rules before heading onto the game, but the reality is, as stated above, people are going to be eager to play and pay no heed to the offered guidelines).
This rule can be rendered a bit unfair considering this situation. As the game is now, it is difficult to tell which users in-game are Staff or not, especially for brand-new players (setting aside the (ADMIN) tag that appears before staff members names whenever they enter the map ((and only when they enter the map, creating potential for this to be missed))). If these players are offered a Shard by another user that they do not know is Private, they are not going to know any better. I am sure you question users of whether or not they hacked before accusing them of doing so, but I'm just throwing this out there.

These are my only concerns/modifications that came to my mind. May edit with further thoughts in future.

We are going to be very strict because people shouldn't steal in the first place. And they should read the rules if they choose not to it is there own fault. These are the rules and that's how they will remain. We do contact the members who are found with Private items first to see how they got em.
I personally(Haruhi) Do not tolerate rule breakers who want to be immature little morons and mess with things I worked, My brother worked, and the Team worked there asses off on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://impressiveelements.userboard.net
Gem
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I understand your view on the stealing rule, but you need to understand that people don't like it anyway and we know they're going to do it anyway. We want to keep the members happy. That's our main goal.
That'sallIhavetosayaboutthat.

And about the private items thing... Okay, here we go.
ONE. People should have been on enough servers by now to know what's private and what's not. It's very unlikely we would be someone's very first IT server for them to play on.
TWO... Tell me. How the hell do you miss a huge (ADMIN) near an admin's name when they come in? Mods, aren't shown with (MOD) near their name unless they have the command for it enabled and even then, it only shows up when speaking in General chat. Just.. explain the admin thing to me. I understand if people are using the "/me (ADMIN) has arrived," to confuse new members, but whoever does that is just being a jerk to the newer players... I had to find a lighter word.
Plus, admins don't give out private items. WHY should anyone have one, unless they hacked it?
Just, explain it, explain this much to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CWalk43

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 am

This is true, the majority of people who are on this server will most likely have come from other Impressive servers, and who are aware of Private Items. But take this into consideration: All the servers have differing items, and what may be public on one server may be private on another. I suppose I was thinking more of brand-new members whom had never been on any other Impressive servers before (such as the case with myself on another server, joining that one without ever having gone on the original IT). But, again, what you say is true, the majority of users who join this server will most likely have been on other Impressive servers, so perhaps this isn't that big of an issue after all.
You can miss an Admin's name by being AFK or simply not paying attention (or not having your chatbox up) when the Admin has entered the map (but, again, here I was thinking of brand new members and unlikely situations. Here I am drawing from experience. I had a lot of trouble telling who was staff in-game and who was not when I first joined ((still do, in fact, whenever I join another server, haha))). And yes, but most people aren't usually in General chat, though (interesting to know, though, about the Mod title showing up in General chat, I was unaware of that).

Haha, naw, I wasn't referring to trollers in my last post, apologies for any misunderstandings. I'm not sure I explained things well...

And, yes, the Admins aren't going to-...oh, I see your point there. But the member trading the Private Item doesn't have to claim they are an Admin, they could just be all, "Here you go!", gives the victimized user the Private Item (that the newer user does not know is a Private Item), then scrams. But, again, you guys probably question anyone found with a Private Item they do not have the privilege to have, so, again, no worries there.
That could be a potential way for unaware users to somehow acquire a Private Item.

I get the sense that I offended with my last post. I did not mean to offend, I'm just offering suggestions and clarifications. Thank you all for your explanations, they will help me (and others) to better understand the Punishment System and what will happen if they are ever caught rule-breaking. : 3
Back to top Go down
Gem
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 am

Oh no, I wasn't offended, I just needed you to explain what you had said. xD

And... there are other ways to identify an actual admin. For one, if you take the huge (ADMIN) out of our name when we arrive, we have the aura ring. That ring we have that hovers around us is programmed into the source. It's only possible for an admin to get it unless a member duplicates it and uses it as a normal item, which in any case, no one would be able to see it other than them, due to the aureola.png being the file for the ring. It would not show up for anyone else if they had duplicated it, because no one else would have the file they used.
Even if they modified a texture, they would still be the only one to see it.
And I can go through everyone's stash and delete any private items I see, god knows why they have them anyway, since we are getting strict on stash checks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CWalk43

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 am

Yes, there are things that identify Staff as well (certain items, auras, boss pets, increased size, groupies /shot), but on some Impressive servers, regular users are allowed to have auras as well, so that could increase the confusion (even moreso for newer members, or members who had been apart of other Impressive servers and just never paid that much attention ((hard to believe, but it happens < _ >))). But, yes, what you just explained about the auras, even I didn't know about, so a member who is unaware of this will definitely not know about it.

That is a good thing to do, it will help preserve individual artist's copyrights.

Back to top Go down
Draak

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 am

I'm mixed about what to do if someone doesn't listen to you but it's by accident (or so they claim)

Because (and I was pming Gem at the same time) I came across a user that had a shard. I was asking where they got it, they ignored me even though I kept asking them multiple times.
I ended up kicking them because they did not heed my instructions.
However it turned out they were talking in Party Chat. (although I was not invited to this Party Chat)

In the end it was all sorted, but yeah...it's an issue incase you wrongfully ban someone because they were in the wrong chat.

But I guess they can always redeem themselves by having proof and asking on the forums nicely.

I guess there needs to be some kind of "please do not ignore mods/admins and check you're in the right chat" or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nowe
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 am

well unless I decide otherwise this is how the rules will remain. /end of discussion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://impressiveelements.userboard.net
Rina16000

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I think this is a 100% fair punshiment for breaking the rules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm

The rules sound good to me. And the system is logical, not unfair. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshaddow

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 am

Question whats Item farming?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punishment System of Impresive Elements   

Back to top Go down

Punishment System of Impresive Elements
Page 1 of 1